11 November 2015

In case you were wondering...

I'm in Italy right now, on the final leg of my semester in Europe. I should be working on a paper that's due today (yes, I actually have school work to do--big shocker!). I've been #blessed (lol) (but really) with the opportunity to be a part of the Europe Semester program that my school offers (one of four programs of the kind to exist in the US, apparently) and it's been an amazing experience just going from city to city, country to country and studying World War II history, European art, technology and current affairs as we go along (yay liberal arts!).

It’s crazy to think that I’m spending the last few months of my teenaged life traveling around Europe. I guess there is some symbolism in it—the idea of being free (kind of) and independent (I’m definitely learning, at least) to mark the end of these years. I’ve definitely felt challenged by circumstances, but I’ve also learnt to take responsibility of my life, actions and duties. I’m glad that I get a slightly longer winter break this year (because the program started two weeks earlier and so we end earlier as well), and I’m hoping that it’s finally time that I get my shit life together and start organizing my life back home. I have way too much stuff all around that I want to sort out (I am a massive hoarder) and I really feel that once I get rid of all that I’m going to feel much less stifled.

I’m excited for the next 1.5 years. I feel like I’ve pretty much got it figured out, aside from smaller details and/or any changes that might be out of my control (which I am prepared to graciously accept, because what’s life without change?) I’m excited for life after college as well. I don’t know what exactly I want to do, but I have ideas. I’m excited to see where life takes me in general. I’m glad I ended up on this trip—it wasn’t exactly something I planned extensively for, but more of something that simply fell onto my lap.

There are times when I feel slightly mad at myself for not journaling extensively (or at all, really) about this trip from the start. But it’s too late to turn back to clock now, but I shall try my best to recall as much as I can. It’s been an amazing trip and I’ve experienced so much, but I guess there’s only so much that may really be worth remembering. I’d like to think I’m pretty good at letting things go, but I just never realize what I need to let go (back to the hoarder characteristic, I guess).


Either way, I should at least try to document some stuff. I already lost most of my pictures and videos from the trip because I left my external hard drive that I saved everything on in Paris (if anyone could help me pull some strings with CapitaLand and get their damn staff at their serviced apartments in Paris to just check under the freaking couch that I’m 99% sure it’s under, I will love you forever… And yes we stayed in a CapitaLand establishment LOL). So here goes nothing. But I shan’t cram it all in this post. On to the next one!